Saturday, June 6, 2009

Taking a Month Off?

I've now gone through 5 cycles of Clomid therapy to try to conceive. We went through our first IUI procedure this month, (Intrauterine Insemination) hoping that it would be more effective. This afternoon, I found conclusive evidence that this cycle did not work. When I came out of the bathroom with tears in my eyes, IvoryBoy took me in his arms and said "It's ok, we'll try again."
I know it's not unusual for couples treating infertility to go through years of therapies before conceiving (or eventually choosing adoption to add to their families) so I'm not surprised that it didn't work yet. Just disappointed.
For the last few days I've felt this coming, and have been trying to adjust.
As IvoryBoy and I started discussing logistics for the next cycle, we realized that we'll be on vacation the week we'd need to do the next IUI. Pending a conversation with the Reproductive Endocrinologist, we'll skip this month and try again in July. So our vacation will be a week of relaxation, and spending time together without trying so hard. Which is actually probably a really good thing. And it'll be a month off from all of the medications, so maybe I'll feel a little calmer...
And then I got an email from a friend saying that Michelle Duggar was pregnant with Triplets. And I thought to myself - why does she get to have 20 babies and we haven't gotten one?

No comments:

Post a Comment